Journalist and broadcaster Samira Ahmed will lead a panel discussion about how fuel research and technology can tackle the climate crisis.
About the talk
The fuel we use to power our world is one of the biggest contributing factors affecting the UK's carbon footprint. Join our expert panel for this online event and find out how the most up-to-date fuel research and technology could help reduce UK emissions and tackle the climate crisis.
From new hydrogen and carbon capture to storage infrastructure, this is a chance to learn about the technology being developed and to get your questions answered.
- Dame Mary Archer: Having started her career as a physical chemist, Dame Mary was founding chair and is now Patron of the UK’s National Energy Foundation and has been Chair of the Science Museum Group since 2015
- Professor John Barrett: Chair in Energy and Climate Policy at the Sustainable Research Institute (SRI), University of Leeds. Co-director of the UK Energy Research Centre
- Dr Michaela Kendall: CEO and co-founder of fuel cell pioneers Adelan. UK Hydrogen Champion for Mission Innovation at BEIS
- Professor Serena Corr: Chair in Functional Nanomaterials and Director of Research at the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, The University of Sheffield
- Samira Ahmed (Chair): Award-winning journalist and broadcaster